Friday, February 29, 2008

x0xb0x 187

My first x0xb0x. It is #187. For those of you who don't know what a x0xb0x is: it is a clone of the infamous Roland TB 303, with original components in the analog section and a state-of-the-art sequencer. Most clones lack the seq, so this is what makes x0xb0x really outstanding. Go here to learn more and get on the waiting list.
As you can see I was not happy with the stock case, so I made my own. The b0x is made out of beech multiplex wood with an aluminium faceplate which was painted white. The labelling was done with Lazertran paper.

Another shot of the x0xb0x. If you think "Hey, it doesn't have buttons!" then think again - the LEDs are acting as buttons, i.e. you press on the LEDs. I liked the clean look this gave me. Oh damn, I regret that I sold this beauty...









The backside. Note that this one, unlike a stock x0xb0x, does have an ON/OFF switch. Also there is a switch that toggles the Bassboost-mod, right above the USB port.
Again, I sold this nice piece of gear on Ebay to some lucky guy in Austria.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: